Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Ice Cream FUNdraiser, June 13th @ Ben & Jer

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-announce] Ice Cream FUNdraiser, June 13th @ Ben & Jerry's, Davis

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 08:15:08PM -0700, Dale Bewley wrote:
> William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> writes:
> > By purchasing ice cream during this FUNdraiser, you will be supporting
> > EFF...
>
> Not to mention the dairy industry and animal cruelty, but this isn't
> the vegan list so I'll shut up.

Well, this is Ben & Jerry's we're talking about.
They're against recombinant bovine growth hormone, and get their
milk from the "Organic Valley" cooperative (which are family farmers).

Of course, that's _still_ 'using' cows, but at least it's a little
more natural than the dairy industry in general.

-bill!
(doesn't know too much about this topic, so he'll end it here :) )