2008 Mar 03 10:34

Re: [vox] Lists

On 12 Jun 2001, Dale Bewley wrote:

> procmail and Gnus good
> with Gnus you can treat it just like a news group if that tickles your fancy,
> but if you are reading on a shell account with a quota they probably
> don't have Gnus

I might as well address another issue here.  I dislike our 10mb quota on
our university e-mail accounts.  I wanted to find a web hosting +
shell service that would allow me a great deal of flexibility, and perhaps
also offer quite a bit of space for a low cost.  I'd also like the ability to
compile programs, and arbitrarily run self-authored server code.  I dislike
having my server processes kill'd by disgruntled system administrators
(and they are always disgruntled.)

I'm a little worried about giving my credit card # to some
mom-and-pop-ISP-shell service which could be cracked in the leisure-time
of some 14-year old.  Any recommendations?  I would prefer a shell on a
system running something other than Linux or free version of BSD, also.

--
Pavan xxxxxx (xxxxxx@uiuc.edu)   http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~xxxxxx
Computer Engineering Student     University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign

"[...] the problem is almost certainly with your OS, not with the kernel."
- Peter J. Salzman, former chair of Linux Users Group of Davis, CA
(LUGOD), assisting youngsters on proper Linux kernel recompilation.