Re: [vox] Debian and ISO's in general

oh, jeez.   sorry, foo.  i misread your question.

the non-us disk has software that has trade restrictions put into place by
the US government, which means, crypto stuff.

although the US opened up the export of crypto, i THINK the issue is that
it's still somewhat restrictred:

   1. only open source operating systems can export crypto.   (hooray!)

   2. it's still restricted from countries that think that placing a bomb on
       an airliner is the best way to make the world listen to their demands.

   3. it's still restricted to countries that the US govt doesn't like or is
       trying to marginalize.

even though this software still has restrictions, it's otherwise free, and
therefore can be placed on the GPL.

anyway, debian decided to make 2 disk-1's.  one disk can be freely exported
outside of the US (no crypto stuff).  the other can't (crypto stuff).

pete

begin: Foo Lim <fwlim@ucdavis.edu> quote