[vox] zen and the art of...

hey all,

anyone on the list do maintenance or work on your own vehicle?  i'd like to
talk to you.   even BETTER if you can program in perl.

i'm writing something specifically designed to keep track of service
intervals (when was the air filter last changed?).  helps keep me reminded
of stuff that i need to (oil drain bolt is chewed up - get another one next
time i change the oil).  it'll have an ical and email reminder system.

also keeps track of things i need like torque settings, what sockets i'll
need for a particular job and the like.  but that's for the future.

anyway, i'm writing it so that it has "plugins" for various vehicles.  so
far, the only plugin is for a vf1100c (magna v65 bike), but it should be just
fine for cars too.

looking for ideas.  or even people who want to help code.  i'm doing it in
perl, but was thinking of using kylix so even windows fools can use it.  if
anyone is interested, please contact me off-list.

pete