2008 Mar 03 10:34

RE: [vox] Lists

you could always subscribe the list to geocrawler.com mail list archive and
read from there.  There are others, if need be I could look 'em up.

-sp

-----Original Message-----
From: Mister Resistor
To: vox@franz.mother.com
Sent: 6/12/2001 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [vox] Lists

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, John McDonnell wrote:

> I am wholeheartedly against this. I don't read newsgroups. I don't
like
> 'em. The mailing list works well for what it does.
> A decent mail reader should allow you to view by thread at any rate.

Well, as Bill said, there's a system that allows them to be cross-posted
between newsgroups and mailing lists.  That way, some of us can save
quota
space and not subscribe to the list, but still read/post to a newsgroup.
It's sort of a solution that would help control mail-volume more than
anything else [bad mail readers, etc.]  I don't think running such a
server is terribly complex...

--
Pavan xxxxxx (xxxxxx@uiuc.edu)   http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~xxxxxx
Computer Engineering Student     University of Illinois @

"But the only thing [I] am thinking now is: 'AFTER THE BOOT SECTOR, WHAT
DO I HAVE TO DO ??'" - Jeremy Herve, 14 year-old programming addict, on
alt.os.development