2008 Mar 03 10:34

Re: [vox] Lists

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 01:09:53PM -0500, Mister Resistor wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, John McDonnell wrote:
>
> > I am wholeheartedly against this. I don't read newsgroups. I don't like
> > 'em. The mailing list works well for what it does.
> > A decent mail reader should allow you to view by thread at any rate.
>
> Well, as Bill said, there's a system that allows them to be cross-posted
> between newsgroups and mailing lists.  That way, some of us can save quota
> space and not subscribe to the list, but still read/post to a newsgroup.

Exactly.  I read SDL mailing list via my inbox.  I never use the
newsgroup.  Others do just the opposite.  The point wasn't to _replace_ vox,
but to simply provide another means to access it.

BTW, for those interested, if you missed the post on vox-announce, there
are some experimental archives running (as of June 9th) of all three
lists.