Re: [vox] Lists

begin: John McDonnell <johnmc@johnmc.org> quote
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, -/\/\/\- (Mister Resistor) wrote:
>
> > I apologize for any repeat messages.  LUGOD generates so much mail
>
> heh, you think LUGOD's high volume, try ILUG (linux.ie) or
> (void)(slab.org) !

heh -- i laugh.  about half a year ago, i subscribed to the linux kernel
mailing list before going to school for the day.  big mistake.   :)

i came home later that night with well over 300 messages (just from that list
alone) in my inbox.

> > LUGOD might be better served by a newsgroup server for the 'vox' list,
>
> I am wholeheartedly against this. I don't read newsgroups. I don't like
> 'em. The mailing list works well for what it does.
> A decent mail reader should allow you to view by thread at any rate.

agreed.  the only good thing about newsgroups is deja.com.   ;-)

pete