Re: [vox] Lists

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 10:29:19PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Hmm... from what little I know of how newsgroups work, I think
> technologically it's infeasible to have a newsgroup.  Someone who knows
> more can perhaps discuss its feasibility.

Actually, it's pretty easy, I believe.  SDL's mailing list is accessible
via newsgroup.

Post a message to the mailing list, and it appears on the newsgroup.
Follow-up to a message via your newsreader, and it appears on the mailing
list, and in everyone's inbox.

We could see if Mother.com has a newserver running (SDL list newsgroup
is stored on Loki Games' servers).  If so, we could have
lugod.vox, lugod.vox-announce and lugod.vox-tech lists. :)

> But having a web-based message board might be an idea --

Ack!