January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] Squished Monitor

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 pblickiss@ucdavis.edu wrote:
> Well dropping the resolution to 640x480x16 and degaussing it a bunch of
> times did the trick.  Cool way to fix it.  Anyway, given the fact that
> this is the monitor that I had on PI 166, it might be reaching the end of
> it's line.  But at least I don't have to buy a new one just yet.  Thanks
> everyone.

Again, I offered that as a suggestion to use for now if you had no other
recourse. If the unit is still under warrantee, it is a very good idea to
get it replaced since there is greater risk of reoccurance. (You will also
want to avoid getting close to extremes of max output for the monitor
HSync/VSync and refresh.)

Of course, if it is out of warantee, then you do what you can. :-)

Congrats!

-ME