Re: [vox] Squished Monitor

The sentence was meant to convey both Second tier and First tier in the same warantee period. Nothing else

To restate.  If you are buying a new monitor and it doesn't have at least a 3 year warrantee.  Don't buy it.  Everything else is junk regardless of the name.

On NEC, having supported a large site that was standard on NEC, NEC's quality varies wildly.  They are a 1st tier monitor manufactur, but I have had 3 occassions of 7 DOA monitors out of the box from a fresh shipment.  There return dept also varies in responce, generally when we were seeing a rise in DOA's, their RMA dept was less then likely to aid in returns without causing a grave a serious case of runaroundidis.

-sp