Re: [vox] banner - README.1ST

I don't appreciate all the humor and/or comments I may
hear at work, or see on a list, but I don't quit my
job or not subscribe to a list based on someone else's
idea of what is humorous. I take it for what it is (or
what I perceive it to be...) and get over it. I think
to blow something like that up, even if it may be in
poor taste (I didn't see it, so I will refrain from
making a judgement) into the deciding factor of
joining the list, or not, and to miss all the *really
good* information, would be... (I'm trying to be
delicate in deference to your strong feelings, which I
do understand and respect, and even agree with, though
that does not preclude other feelings I may have...)
I'll put it this way: I try to take what's good and
appreciate it, and let the other stuff go by the
wayside. I hope you can do the same. It makes life
easier, and I think that there is *a lot* to be gained
from the list. I do appreciate your pointing out
something you have strong feelings about... and agree
that we should all take the time to try to make the
world a better place, whatever that means to each of
us. In this case, perhaps the person posting the
material in question thought he was doing that... ?
Sorry if you were offended (don't know why *I'm*
apologizing, but there you go... for what it's worth.)
ERic