Re: [vox] banner - README.1ST

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 04:29:07PM -0700, Debi wrote:
> At 03:40 PM 6/22/01 , Mark K. Kim wrote:
> >Oh man~ we got minors on our list.
> >
> >-Mark
>
> And "we" have women who don't appreciate being viewed as objects or
> toys.  I've been thinking about joining, but now I wonder if this
> organization is for me...

Debi... please understand that Gabe's post is by no means any
representation of the club itself.  (I wonder, do we have any
disclaimers about the mailing lists or IRC channel on the website?
We really should :) )

<snip>
> And I'll add 11.  Remove that offensive web page.

Well, it's not part of LUGOD's site, so there's nothing we (the club
itself) can do about it except complain.  So, here it goes:

Gabe, that's not a good representation of our club.
Would you please remove that image from the web so that
people who may find it on your site do not get the wrong impression
of our group?