[vox] ZiO card reader!

I got a ZiO SmartMedia card reader over the weekend so I tested it out.
This is a device that can take a SmartMedia memory card and read it
through the USB port.  It was a free deal when I purchased my Olympus 460Z
digital camera that only has a serial port access.  I *wanted* the serial
port access since accessing it from Linux is easier with serial port
access, and getting a USB reader was a bonus.

Anyway, it works really well under Windows -- you just open the image and
it just pops up on your screen!  I did a search on google to see if I can
access it on Linux, and apparently you can using Linux 2.4.0 (and probably
above) using some experimental kernel options.  I'm not ready to run Linux
2.4 yet (I'm not sure if my TV capture card works with 2.4 and I don't
want to fudge with that right now... Gabe, do you use 2.4?) but I'm glad
to know the option to use it under Linux is there if I want it badly
enough.

Anyway, I wanted to let people know in case anyone was interested.  BTW,
the USB card reader works through the new USB storage media feature in
kernel 2.4.  That means USB zip drives and tape drives and such should
work as well (or it will when it's stable.)

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/