[vox] UPS

Hi linux fans,

I had the power go out here last night, which reminded me I've been
meaning to look into UPS's.  I'd been up for nearly a year until last
night.

How does one go about choosing a UPS?  How do I go about getting
Linux/Debian software to work with it?  Remember, I'm a cook, not a
computer geek, so please use simple language and/or cooking terms if
you're inclined to respond ;)

Thanks,
Christine