Re: [vox] Arkeia Power Award

I can honestly say LUGOD is the best Linux user's group that I have ever
attended!  On another note, it is the only Linux users group that I have
attended.  As, Henry pointed out do not under estimate the power off the
website, it is a great site and if I remember correctly was up for an
award.  If it was not for the web site, I probably would not have found
out about LUGOD.  When I was first looking for a LUG I went to the link
off of linux.org.  There are several LUG's listed in the bay area even
one in San Francisco where I work.  Why did I choose LUGOD?  Several
reasons:  a very nice easy to follow / understand and up to date
website.  I had no problems finding Z-World thanks to the map on the
site.  Also, LUGOD is the Closest location to where I live (Vacaville).
I have worked in San Francisco for 1 1/2 years and still have not gone
to the LUG, mostly due to them not keeping there website up to date, but
also as I would have to drive in to get home.  One thing that is very
nice about LUGOD is I felt welcome the first time I went.  I think I
became a member at the first meeting I went too.

Mark K. Kim wrote:
{snip}

> The website is always up-to-date; we've been said to be one of the best
> LUG on the west coast by what's-his-name;

Possibly Rick Moen???

>  we've kept close ties to the
> local university population while keeping enough independence to be useful
> to the city and nearby cities (as south as Vacaville; as northeast as
> Roseville); memberships that span as far south as VA Linux (or Australia
> if you count Drew) and as north as Roseville;

{snip}
Like Mark said as south as Vacaville (me where I live), but in reality I
come from San Francisco (where I work) to make it each meeting which
with traffic is a 2.5 hour (72 mile) trek.

Stephen