2012 May 29 18:19

[vox-tech] Cloning LVM volume over network

[vox-tech] Cloning LVM volume over network

My general impression regarding backups is you can either
traverse the filesystem's directories or do an image dump.
Historically, these have been mutually exclusive. Of course,
dd (data-dump) is the later and will not know whether a block
belongs to a directory's file.

> But I'd like to figure out the syntax to do that with partclone because
> it's more efficient than dd.

Backups also have progressed faster than I can keep up. Maybe there is
an image dump program that knows to check the filesystem's directory
to see if each block used. I found this page that might perform this
function.

http://partclone.org/usage_all.html
Press the <dd> link.