2012 May 11 15:32

Re: [vox-tech] [Lug-nuts] Secure Wiping hard drives

Re: [vox-tech] [Lug-nuts] Secure Wiping hard drives

Anything requiring power tools, sledgehammers, drills, or small bits flying off is vetoed by the company HR due to safety.  Shotgun is *WAY* out.  (Except for maybe the Texas office).

Vinegar?  Would that really work?  I imagine HR would say no the hydrogen waste gas too, if not the smell would disrupt the office workers in the next room.

DBAN takes 2 to 3 hours but is thorough.

And it looks like repartitioning is about as secure as putting a yellow sticker on it that says "erased".

:/