2012 May 05 00:45

[vox-tech] Serious Xorg problem

I'm at Panera bread using their wi-fi. After I logged in with panera,
I opened another tab. Then a
box-image (badly corrupted) from panera appeared over the second tab.
Even worse this box now appears over all windows based applications,
emacs and okular, in particular. It is still there
even after I kill the application and re-start it. It also appears
over the other browser I wasn't using at the time. This makes me
believe it is something in Xorg. But as far as I can tell, no libs
or bins were modified. This on debian squeeze for amd-64. (on an asus
laptop) This is making the machine nearly unusable.

Richard Harke