2012 May 04 15:21

Re: [vox-tech] [Solved] Cloning image to mulitple usb sticks at once

Re: [vox-tech] [Solved] Cloning image to mulitple usb sticks at once

Ok, so I found the answer. It's does involve partclone via the
Clonezilla live distro.

http://clonezilla.org/fine-print-live-doc.php?path=./clonezilla-live/doc/03_One_image_to_multiple_disks/00-boot-clonezilla-live-cd.doc#00-boot-clonezilla-live-cd.doc

There is one catch, you have to clone the usb stick to an img file 1st.
It can either be on a HDD or another usb stick. Then you start the
program over and do a restore and can choose their 1-2-mdisks option.

I just tested on 2 at once, took about 10 minutes to make the img (which
I can now reuse) and then 7 minutes to make 2x 4GB drives.
Tomorrow I'll be doing 8x 8GB drives at a time and will time that too.
Note, my times might be faster than most as the source was a 3G SATA SSD
drive.

Thanks,
Alex