2012 Feb 27 12:17

[vox-tech] Samba/Active Domain

Hi,

I need some help to get Samba and Active Domain to play nicely.
The new server is an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with Kubuntu to provide GUI, running Samba 3.4.7
We have several other Linux servers that work perfectly well however this is the first 10.04LTS the others are 8.04LTS.
Authentication is done through Kerberos/AD and works great!
There is no "shared folder". The users use Samba to access their home directory from their WinXp or Win7 machines.
We use NX for remote login and it is working well.

The only errors that I can find is this message on the Samba log and the smbstatus (see below)

The Samba log shows:

        From /var/log/samba/
        [2012/01/10 10:11:21,  1] smbd/sesssetup.c:342(reply_spnego_kerberos)
          Failed to verify incoming ticket with error NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE!
        [2012/01/10 10:11:21,  1] libads/kerberos_verify.c:336(ads_secrets_verify_ticket)
          ads_secrets_verify_ticket: failed to fetch machine password
        [2012/01/10 10:11:21,  1] smbd/sesssetup.c:342(reply_spnego_kerberos)
          Failed to verify incoming ticket with error NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE!

Thanks!
Alfredo

%%%%% Background info %%%%%

The smb.conf