2012 Feb 24 13:12

[vox-tech] Bash completion mystery

I am trying to find the location of an executable file named
mkvirtualenv.  If I run "locate mkvirtualenv" it does not find it.  If I
run "sudo find . -name mkvirtualenv" from the root directory it does not
find it.  "which mkvirtualenv" yields nothing.  But if I type mkvi<tab>,
bash completion completes it and it will execute from any directory.
Can someone explain to me what is going on?  I am using Ubuntu 10.04.
Thanks.

Bruce Wolk