January 6: Social gathering
2012 Feb 14 12:51

Re: [vox-tech] Default directory permissions

Re: [vox-tech] Default directory permissions

The group-write bit is probably not set on the file on the local
computer.
Try setting that first, then FTP. Umask doesn't set any bits not already
set.
Also, FTP may not source /etc/profile, first -- I don't remember.

Consider using scp (or sftp). You first need to:
1) cd /etc/pam.d
2) sudo vi sshd
   ==> session optional pam_umask.so umask=0002
3) sudo vi login
   ==> session optional pam_umask.so umask=0002

TAR files are another problem. The group-write bit must first be set.

<snip>