[vox-tech] Schematics for motherboard

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 that was damaged early this year by a power
surge and I am finally getting around to seeing if it is fixable. The
computer seemed to run fine with two exceptions: (1) I couldn't get
the computer to recognize an external monitor connected to the VGA
port (not a huge concern) and (2) I couldn't charge the battery.
Obviously, once the battery was completely drained the computer became
a paper weight.

I assumed the power surge damaged the DC power jack and I opened the
laptop up today see if the component had any product numbers on it so
I could be sure to order the correct one.  When I did, I noticed one
obviously damaged component near the power jack (see photo in the
link):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57942444@N07/6596174007/

I spent all morning searching for motherboard schematics, without any
luck. This is the most information I could find regarding a
replacement MB:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/510553748/Laptop_motherboard_for_DELL_Vostro_1500.html

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to identify the damaged
component? And perhaps where to get a replacement part?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas