[vox-tech] Eclipse with Maven plugin is so cool!

[vox-tech] Eclipse with Maven plugin is so cool!

I have been hacking Java lately using Eclipse and the Maven plugin.
I have to say that it is really cool to view a sample project and just hop
into libraries' source code with 'F3'. It is soooo cool!

For example. I am looking at a wicket project.
http://www.brie.com/brian/wicket/zebra00.zip

Unzip it.
Open Eclipse.
http://www.eclipse.org
Install the Maven plugin
http://www.eclipse.org/m2e/

Unzip the zebra00.zip project

Import the project by doing the following.

File->Import->Maven
Existing Maven Projects
Select the directory where zebra00 was unzipped.

The project should now be imported. Tell eclipse to grab
the sources and Javadocs by right clicking the project and selecting
Maven->Download Sources

Now open Index.java.
/zebra00/src/main/java/com/brie/dtoo/Index.java

Maven structures projects so files are located in src/main/java for regular classes.
Under that, you should see a package named com.brie.dtoo and then the file
named Index.java.

Open it and go to Line 100, column 12. Press 'F3' once the cursor is located over the
PropertyModel method.

Voila, the class source from the wicket library opens in a new window! Cool, or what?

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/