2011 Oct 26 18:58

Re: [vox-tech] writing to a shell instance

On 10/26/2011 04:20 PM, Bruce Wolk wrote:
> As for question 1, backticks are what you want:
>
> echo `ls` > /dev/pts/8

Er, that's running a command in the original window and sending the
output to the second window, which isn't what was asked for.  Not to
mention being rather confusing.  The output of ls might well be for a
different directory than the second terminal is in.