2011 Oct 15 17:05

Re: [vox-tech] bibtex: get rid of ISSN, URL, DOI,etc from references

On 10/12/2011 03:12 PM, Thomas Johnston wrote:
> I am having the same problem as described here (i.e., I get unwanted
> URL's, DOI's, etc. in my references):
>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/23117/biblatex-get-rid-of-issn-urls-and-dois-in-references
>
> I am fairly new to LaTeX and I don't understand the proposed solution
> and was wondering if someone could explain it more fully.
> Where should I use the options doi=false,isbn=false,url=false?
> What is "the manual" referred to in the solution?
>
> I don't know if it matters or not, but I use bibtex (not biblatex
> mentioned in the link).
>
> If it helps, I have a default installation of texlive2011 (obtained
> from the CTAN website). I edit and compile tex documents using vim and
> vim-latexsuite. The bibliography style files I would like to use is
> named "unsrtnat". The only thing I have in my preamble that I think
> might possibly affect the citations is the line:
> \usepackage[square,comma,numbers,sort&compress]{natbib}
>
> Thomas

natbib is not bibtex or biblatex
try
\usepackage[square,comma,numbers,sort&compress,doi=false,isbn=false,url=false]{natbib}

Although check the natbib docs to see if those are valid options for
natbib. I recently switched to natbib and am quite happy with it but I
keep my urls in.

Thanks,
Alex