2011 Oct 07 18:34

Re: [vox-tech] Removing metadata from JPEGs (was re: Removingmega-data from jpgs)

On 10/03/2011 03:56 PM, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Google [1] says you can use ImageMagick "mogrify -strip imagename.jpg" [2]
> or something I hadn't heard of before: "jhead -purejpg /path/to/image.jpg" [3],
> for example.

	After install 'jhead' I did that command. And it worked great.

	Another thing which is nice about removing the megadata from
	the file is it reduces the total size of the file and then the
	total size of the doc file.

	Seems that some company by the name of Smashwords <hi Bill> has
	a total size limit they will accept for an E-book.

	I can see in the future where this limit could be hit for heavy
	picture base books.

	Thanks for your help Bill.

							Tony