2011 Oct 03 15:56

[vox-tech] Removing mega-data from jpgs

Hello,

	I have been working with one of my authors getting ready to
	publish another E-book for him.

	This time we will be including 6 images at the start of each
	chapter. He asked if a person could get any mega-data from the
	images if they were to extract the images from the E-book
	format (such as from a EPUB file).

	I said that yes the images could be pulled out of the formats
	(for an EPUB just unzip the file and you have access to the
	images). I also said I would check to find out what it would
	take to quickly remove the mega-data.

	I figured I would ask here first (as I'm really lazy at heart)
	before I did any web searches, as I figured someone here might
	already have an answer for me.

	Let me repeat the real question, how do I extract the mega-data
	from images (or over write it)?

							Tony