2011 Oct 01 12:05

[vox-tech] Printer problem

I am going crazy trying to solve a printing problem.  I am running
Ubuntu 11.04 with GNOME using CUPS with an hp LaserJet 1300.  Printing
works fine from Thunderbird, LibreOffice, and several other programs.
Unfortunately, printing fails from Firefox.  When I try and print a web
page, the ready light on the printer flashes, the printer queue shows
"processing", and /var/log/syslog shows a continuous stream of:

Sep 30 15:35:27 fermi hp[6224]: io/hpmud/musb.c 1420: unable to write
data hp:/usb/hp_LaserJet_1300?serial=00CNBB108322: 45 second io timeout

Any ideas?

Bruce