2011 Aug 17 20:48

Re: [vox-tech] clean up the program synergys and synergyc

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 12:34:23AM -0400, Hai Yi wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I used to use synergy to share keyboard and mouse among three
> computers, now I stopped using it. However I noticed this from the
> /var/log/syslog of my Linux server,
>
> Aug 13 00:25:50 <my_Linux_name> Synergy+ 1.3.4: 2011-08-13T00:25:50
> WARNING: cannot listen for clients: cannot bind address: Address
> already in use#012#011/home/nick/Projects/synergy-plus/cmd/synergys/synergys.cpp,505
>
> it keep rolling.  Using 'ps -ef | grep synergy' I found that synergys
> is running, the program is at /usr/bin/synergys
>
> Now two questions:
>
> 1. How can I completely clean up this program? I forget how it was
> installed in the first place, but I tried 'apt-get remove' and 'dpkg
> -r ', neither works;
What does dpkg -s synergy say (status of the package)? What about
dpkg -S /usr/bin/synergy (what package has this file)? What is
the error when purging the package doesn't work? If the package
is still installed, removing it successfully should properly stop
it.
Nick