2011 Jul 12 06:42

[vox-tech] Alternative to PHP Scripting

I've been trying to use PHP to create a backup script that would read filenames from a directory, then copy those filenames into a .zip file, then delete the original files. I wrote a PHP script to do this, but it seemed to spawn so many httpd child processes that the server load skyrocketed and users weren't able to get to our website.

So my question is, what other options do I have for performing this sort of task?

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (richard@underpope.com)