2011 Jun 27 12:42

Re: [vox-tech] CalDAV

http://www.bedework.org/bedework/

Bedework is an open source calendering server that appears to follow
all of the open spec'd caldav stuff and be very compatible.

UC Berkeley is rolling it out for the campus. I'm not sure what's
involved for getting it up and running though. :(

==================
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:42:24 -0400
From: Peter Salzman <p@dirac.org>
Subject: [vox-tech] CalDAV
To: vox-tech <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

I'd like to be able to serve calendar events to Google Calendar, iPhone,
Android, and BlackBerry users.  I did some research and found that CalDAV is
the protocol that I need to look at.  Ubuntu has something called
calendarserver which I think serves up CalDAV data.

However, I've also read hints that this would work for Google Calendar
users, but not necessarily for mobile phone users because the mobile phones
use proprietary extensions.

This is totally uncharted territory for me.  I was wondering if anyone has
done this, and if so, what's the scoop on serving calendars to mobile phone
users.

Thanks!
Pete