2011 Jun 14 19:20

Re: [vox-tech] (no subject)

Quoting Dr. Denny Scronek (paszeski@yahoo.com):

> Flaky is "you promise to show up ... repeatedly ... and you don't."
> That's flaky ... in any profession, when you're dating a lady, you
> name it. I stand by my words.

A fair reading of the wording of your prior post seemed to be that a
good algorithm for finding 'a non-flaky Linux person' would be to
request, on a Linux user group mailing list, one primarily serving a town
~50 miles away from you, that someone drive to your house and perform a
consulting job for a stranger who's not even willing to do so much as
read a logfile to help himself.  Thus, by (apparent) implication, Linux
users unwilling to do that are flaky.

It's possible you didn't mean that.  You do what you think is right,
anyway, if you happen to regret that perception.

Meanwhile, no offence, but I'd rather spend my time attempting to help
people with more technical aspirations.  It's just a lot more rewarding,
in general.