2011 Jun 14 06:01

Re: [vox-tech] (no subject)

Dr. Scronek,

I suggest using Ubuntu on a stick. Boot with it. Copy your
data to an external drive. Run the "Install Ubuntu and wipe
it clean!" Start fresh.

Every consulting gig comes not only with potential for profit,
but also the risk of liability. We don't really know how bad
your system is, so I would say that anyone who agrees on a fixed
price may be in for more work that he initially bargained for, especially
considering that you are tired of fixing the problem and you may
have foobar'ed your system beyond wizard fixes.

brian

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:03:43PM -0700, Dr. Denny Scronek wrote:

>     Hi Linux folks. Remember me ... the guy with the ubuntu infinite login
>     loop problem? I still have the same problem and I'm not further along
>     in solving it because the guy who was supposed to do this PAYING JOB
>     was a complete flake. Fortunately all I lost was time so. This is what
>     I am looking for:
>
>     1. A human being who will step up to the plate and fix my beast.
>
>     2. I live near Sac State. Come to my place, do your magic to my
>     satisfation, get paid by an agreed amount, I say "Thank You", and
>     that's it.
>
>     3. I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE ADVICE ON FIXING IT MYSELF!! I'm trying to
>     avoid taking my beast to a computer store to be worked on by a Windows
>     person.
>
>     WHO WANTS TO MAKE SOME MONEY? STEP UP!

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/