2011 Jun 08 12:52

[vox-tech] Best way to tie two home networks together

[vox-tech] Best way to tie two home networks together

My neighbor and I want to be able to access each other's LANs.
He has AT&T Uverse with a 2-wire router and I have Comcast with a Netgear router.  We both want to keep our ISPs (we have contracts for package deals).

We both have computers running Ubuntu 10.04.

The distance between our houses is about 50 meters.

He wants to access my hard drive shares to store files and I want to be able to print on his printer.

What is the best way to accomplish this?