2011 Apr 30 22:25

Re: [vox-tech] TV tuner capture card?

>>>>> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:01:13 -0700, "jimbo" <evesautomotive@wavecable.com> said:

j> 1)  If this is hooked up to the network and can be used to watch live tv on
j> any pc, can you watch one show on one pc and another on another pc?

I believe so, but if you're doing this through myth then definitely.
I'm not sure of whether the device itself will stream one input to one
system and the second to another.  Good question.

However, mythtv will act as a redirector so you'll get:

    +------+     +--------+     +-----+
    | HDHR | --> | mythtv | --> | tv1 |
    +------+ --> +--------+     +-----+

                 +--------+
                 |  tv2   |
                 +--------+

j> One thing that still bugs me though.  I wish that Netflix was compatible
j> with Linux.  I imagine that there is a work around but from the research
j> that I have done there are still problems with that approach.  I guess that
j> I will get some sort of virtual box or separate hard drives.

Sadly, the movie industry is still trying very hard to protect their
content by requiring that distributors send everything over flash or
other hard-to-break-the-data-from technologies (silverlight being
worse).

I'm looking forward to the day when they realize that itune/amazon's
unprotected mp3 sales have allowed the market place to rise again.
Cross your fingers.
--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/