2011 Apr 25 10:48

Re: [vox-tech] TV tuner capture card?

On 04/23/2011 11:09 PM, Brian Lavender wrote:
>> 	If you can still find the HDHomeRun box (ethernet box with
>> 	2 tuners) that would be what I would suggest.
>
> Is it this one? It looks like it goes for $129
> http://www.silicondust.com/products/models/hdhr3-us/

	Yes that is the one.

> How about this card? It is $99 and internal. Any benefit that it
> might have over the other?
> http://www.pchdtv.com/

	Myself I hate to have to add anything into a computer. If I
	can I like to have it as a network box. If I have problems where
	I need to replace it I don't have to tear the whole computer
	open to get to it. I can unplug the power, the network cable
	and disconnect the F-connectors and it is free. No need to
	open the computer.

	Also I have learned year ago with modems if they were internal
	the EMF from the computer would cause addition noise on the
	modem.

	Some of this has changed over the year but once bitten twice
	shy. When I can I always go with a standalone component. This
	also include for VoIP ATAs.

							Tony