2011 Mar 22 11:47

Re: [vox-tech] Unbuntu and VMSterm script

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 03:29:44PM -0700, David Spencer, Internet Handyman wrote:
> Guys, I've been slowly weaning my way away from my OpenVMS addiction
> by using various tools on Ubuntu. Specifically there's a nifty little
> key-redefinition script that defines keypad keys and such for the
> terminal so it emulates (mostly) a VT100. (Try a google search for
> vmsterm.)
>
> Anyway, after a recent update to unbuntu, it's now broken. I'm not
> very happy. Any tips on what might have changed that broke the script?
> Yeah, I know that none of your are familiar with it of course. But
> how do I go about finding out what changed? I'd really like to think
> that it's some setting or something that I can flip to get the old
> behavior back...
>
> Thanks,

Well, xev will tell you what key codes are really being pressed
and xmodmap can print out all the current mappings. Thats all I
can think of though without knowing how the script does its
remapping. I only have such experience with xmodmap and I know it
can be tricky.
Nick Schmalenberger