2011 Mar 16 17:13

Re: [vox-tech] crontab and scp puzzle

I know I've used this answer before on this list, and I'm sure it's annoying, but if your solution involves passphraseless ssh keys, you're doing it wrong.

That being said, since cron is a daemon, it is not attached to a controlling terminal. That means that a script that expects to be able to read input from the user is going to fail. You can probably force it to bypass this code with BatchMode.

    ssh -o BatchMode=yes ...

For good measure, you could even set TERM if it's not being set.

    env TERM=dumb ssh -o BatchMode=yes ...