2011 Mar 13 17:33

Re: [vox-tech] Ubuntu 10.10 S-video out on Dell Inspiron 1525 ???

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 09:32:36PM -0600, Chanoch (Ken) Bloom wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 20:52 -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > ... Uh... WTF?  How does one get S-Video out to work on an Inspiron nowadays?
> >
> > It looks like xorg.conf has been split up into a .d directory.
> > Any clues?  Anyone done this?  THis is seriously pissing me off.
> > (Google doesn't help by giving me nothing but 5 year old forum pages
> > with no answers, or about other laptops.)
>
> You use xrandr. (or one of the GUI control panels designed to interact
> with xrandr.)

Per my follow-up from the other day, when I use 'krandr' now, instead
of "TV-1" not being accessible at all, now it shows me "TV-1" as
connected when the S-video is plugged in.  So that's progress!

However, the TV itself still doesn't show anything, even when I configure
TV-1 (e.g., 800x600).