2011 Mar 08 09:04

[vox-tech] Netflix

My wife and Iwas renting oscar winner and nominee movies starting from 2009
until our neighborhood blockbusters closed.  This is our only entertainment
as we have cut back severly.

Netflix looks like a great fit.  At 9.99/mo. this is a great deal.  I am
however behind the times as far as streaming.

Does anyone stream netflix with Linux programs?  I think xbnc does this.
Using Linux would have huge advantages over Windblows, I think.

I also need to find an option to stream to my non wifi tv w/o hooking my pc
to it.

One last thing.  I can use an older spare pc and hook it to my tv  but what
about quality?  Can I get away with a so so gpu but get 1080p pumping out of
my set?   What would be a light weight Linux distro that will let me do
this?  Maybe I can come to the next installfest and not only have this but a
dvr?

Jim
GM
http://evesautomotive.com