January 6: Social gathering
2011 Feb 26 18:28

Re: [vox-tech] Hardware crash

Before you write off the mobo, I would check the power supply. Of course, ps failures sometimes take out the mobo along their way out, but not always.
DCN:<jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us> Basics: ##.#. ##.#. Live Go...
Live: OO#.. Dead: OO#.. Playing

Dylan Beaudette <dylan.beaudette@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Accidentally sent part of this message too soon.

I have been using an ASUS PC-DL Delux dual Xeon based machine since about 2005. Overall it has been a very decent machine. However, this morning I plugged in a usb device, the machine froze, and now will not
POST. I have tried disconnecting everything inside of the machine, but it will not sound the POST beep, and no video appears on the monitor.
I have tried pulling the CMOS battery and resetting the BIOS via jumper... but nothing. I have had problems with the USB ports on this machine in the past, however it would always recover after a reboot.

Any ideas? Or is it time for a new motherboard + CPUs ?

Thanks in advance,
Dylan
vox-tech mailing list vox-tech@lists.lugod.org http://lists.lugod.org/mailman/listinfo/vox-tech