2011 Feb 26 14:58

Re: [vox-tech] Apache: 2, Me: 0.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:51:13AM -0800, Bryan Richter wrote:
> > Unfortunately, it looks like Optimum has a similar policy, depending on what
> > type of account you have.
> >
> > >From http://www.optimum.net/Terms :
> >
> <snip>
> > Section 22.B.i: Users [of Optimum Online Boost and Optimum Online Ultra] may
> > not run any servers except for a webserver (HTTP) and mail (SMTP) on the
> > system.  This includes but is not limited to FTP, IRC, POP, SOCKS, SQUID,
> > DNS or any multi-user forums.
>
> Hah.  So what constitutes a "multi-user forum?"  Does that mean that,
> although you're allowed to run a webserver, it can't be a blog that has
> a "post a comment" feature? :)

LOL.   Go figure!  I don't think they thought that one through very well.   ;-)

Well, I am pleased to say that the problem is fixed.  Third time is
indeed a charm.  The ISP mistakenly filtered port 80.  It was
interesting to see what this filtering looked like -- I was surprised
that 2/3 of the handshake was allowed to happen.

Thank you everybody for the suggestions.  I really appreciate everyone's help!

Pete