2011 Feb 15 11:55

Re: [vox-tech] Apache: 2, Me: 0.

On 11-02-15 08:56 AM, Peter Salzman wrote:

> OK, I commented out all the virtual host stuff and changed ports.conf to:
>
> Listen 80
> <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
>      # SSL name based virtual hosts are not yet supported, therefore no
>      Listen 443
> </IfModule>
> ServerName dirac.org
>
> and Apache is still not responding to requests from outside my LAN.
>
> This is crazy!  I've never had so much trouble with this before.  The
> packets are clearly coming in.  Could there be some kind of crazy
> packet header rewriting to make the packets look like they're destined
> for somewhere else (like the DSL modem)?
>
> Rod, do you have any other ideas?
Maybe I missed something in this discussion, but it looks as though you
have duplicate ServerName entries and Port assignments.  You can't do
that - at least, not with impunity.  Use your sites-enabled file to
specify the site and port(s), and take the corresponding entries out of
apache.conf.  You also have conflicting site names between the two files.

HTH

Cam