2011 Feb 09 15:34

Re: [vox-tech] Ubuntu 10.10 S-video out on Dell Inspiron 1525 ???

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 03:25:25PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 03:06:23PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 09:20:18PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
> > > Actually a few version back xorg became super auto config, where the
> > > rule became basically = do not touch by hand. If you want hand massaged
> > > stuff you put it in a different file and get it pulled in.
> > >
> > > This page shows how to deal with the new layout.
> > > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom
> >
> > Thanks, I'll take a look when I have more than 30 seconds to spare.
> > (That reminds me.  I was pleased that my Wacom "just worked", sensitivity
> > and everything, when I installed 10.10 from scratch.  That was a nice bonus :)
>
> FYI, this looks kind of like it's what I need, but it's been about 3 years
> since I last had to set up S-Video out on this laptop.
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4668070&postcount=25
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller"
>         Driver          "intel"
>         BusID           "PCI:0:2:0"
>         Option          "monitor-VGA"  "VGA"
>         Option          "monitor-TV"   "TV"
>         Option          "monitor-LVCD" "LVCD"
> EndSection
>
> So my thought is to just dump that into a "10-video.conf" file...?

I was equally confused with the Xorg config file as you have been Bill. Were you
able to figure out the problem?

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."
--Kasey Kasem