2011 Feb 04 15:25

Re: [vox-tech] Ubuntu 10.10 S-video out on Dell Inspiron 1525 ???

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 09:20:18PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Actually a few version back xorg became super auto config, where the
> rule became basically = do not touch by hand. If you want hand massaged
> stuff you put it in a different file and get it pulled in.
>
> This page shows how to deal with the new layout.
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom

Thanks, I'll take a look when I have more than 30 seconds to spare.
(That reminds me.  I was pleased that my Wacom "just worked", sensitivity
and everything, when I installed 10.10 from scratch.  That was a nice bonus :)

> It's almost identical to udev, and modrprobe stuff - where you put files
> with config stuff in the directory and assign a priority with a number
> at the start of the file name.
>
> As for the S-video part, what brand of card and which driver are you using?

As Brian mentioned, it's an integrated Intel in this Dell Inspiron 1525.
Specifically, lspci shows:

  Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

PS - I upgraded my Ubuntu 10.10 to KDE 4.6 yesterday
(via backport mentioned here: http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-sc-4.6 ),
and today I had to do this to get my display to work right:

  http://ubuntuku.org/10/how-to-fix-intel-graphics-issues-in-kubuntu-maverick/

Things were not updating unless I forced them to fully refresh
(alt+tab, cover/expose, wiggle mouse, etc.).  Very hard to use my
computer. :)

So I'm not even using precisely the same video driver as I was when I posted
yesterday.  Fun :^P