2011 Jan 28 21:21

Re: [vox-tech] Free cross platform database applications

Re: [vox-tech] Free cross platform database applications

Quoting Rod Roark (rod@sunsetsystems.com):

> Looking for an easy-to-use open source database management tool, maybe
> sort of like MS Access.

'Databases, Casual' on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Apps/ is a place where I
aggregate blurbs I've encountered about possible options.  The usual
disclaimer applies:  I've not used them; I've only read about them.

Disclaimer #2:  It's been six years since I gave that page the
once-over, so there may _well_ be good options not mentioned.  At the
time I last revised the page, this seemed to be an application category
that on Linux/BSD was just beginning to flower.

You will notice separate entries in the knowledgebase index for
'Databases, SQL' and 'Databases, xBase'.  I divided out the original
'Databases' page into three parts, because it struck me that those types
served almost completely different audiences and needs.

--
Rick Moen                 "Has Google looked at the appropriateness of indexing
rick@linuxmafia.com       #WikiLeaks?  The answer is yes, and we decided to