[vox-tech] Concurrent programming analysis

[vox-tech] Concurrent programming analysis

Check out this Petri Net modeler. It is pretty sweet!
http://pipe2.sourceforge.net/

The old way of doing Concurrent programming is with shared memory
and mutexes.  You might just get sucked into the following design
pattern book.

Concurrent Programming in Java(TM): Design Principles and Pattern
by
Doug Lea

If you look at Scala, Erlang, Haskell, they all support the concept of
message passing.  It seems to me a good way to analyze programs is to
model them with a Petri Net. The resulting model can be analyzed for
liveness, reachability, deadlock, circular conditions, and all the
non-functional requirements.

Scala Actors
http://java.dzone.com/articles/scala-threadless-concurrent

Erlang