Re: [vox-tech] Problem with Gigabyte 890FX, Phenom II, and Kubuntu

On 10-12-08 01:43 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Cam Ellison (cam@ellisonet.ca):
>
>> This is my only machine, and it's a production machine, so I'm not sure
>> about taking it out of service to run ctcs2 (thanks Rick!).
> You're very welcome.  I have notes here, which I recommend, because
> Cerberus is rather peculiar software that takes a little getting used
> to, and has some quirks.
>
> 'Burn-in' on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Hardware
>
> (We used to put all new or repaired machines at VA Linux Systems through
> at least 48 hours of Cerberus / ctcs testing, to catch problems.)

That looks very useful.  I'll give it a try.

On another list that I frequent, the two responses thus far both
suggested replacing or swapping out the PS.  I have to admit the idea
has merit, though it's an Antec Signature 650, came new with the rest of
the system, and over $200 here including the taxes.  I'm a little leery
of ending up with a good, but effectively useless, PS.  Which leads to
another question: how do you test a PS?  Is it possible?

Thanks again

Cam