2010 Nov 25 01:53

Re: [vox-tech] ifort and icc compilers

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 17:50 -0800, Jason Snyder wrote:
> this program is flawed they do have have any uninstalled thing.  Am I
> going to have to reformat the disk partition where ubuntu is and then
> reinstall ubuntu in order to resolve  this problem?  Should I contact
> LERT and make an appointment with them or see if I can meet with
> someone from the Lugod's to have them go through my system to weed out
> any bugs?
>
> I need a detailed list of instructions on how to install and run the
> ifort and icc programs for I am encountering WAY too many bugs trying
> to get these programs.  There is no reason why this should be so
> complicated.

If you installed into /opt, then you should be able to just delete the
appropriate subdirectory of /opt.

My general rule is that whenever I install unpackaged software, the
software gets installed into its own subdirectory in /opt (unless I'm
installing for just myself, in which case it's a subdirectory of
~/scratch). If something should be accessable systemwide (in your
$PATH), I symlink the binaries into /usr/local/bin. When I need to
delete something, I can just delete the appropriate subdirectory
of /opt.